sbyra #3 at oyster point yc 010508

The weather on Friday was stormy with winds gusting to 35 knots and rain pouring down, I got an email questioning if it was wise to go out Saturday.  My response is that the front is scheduled to move to the east and we should let each skipper determine whether they want to take the boat out.  So on Saturday morning, we gathered aboard Mist, donned on our foul weather gear and headed out to Oyster Point for SBYRA race.  We motored most of the way in light fog, but not much precipitation until about 30 minutes before the race and a squall came by with 30 knots wind.  Wouldn’t you know it, the Race Committee decides that it’s too windy for them to be out.  We made the best of it by having an informal race with Paradigm back to the harbor. Aside from that squall, it was rather light wind so that our 125% jib was not able to keep up with Paradigm and they beat us handily…